About Manions' Coaches - Our History
Brendan Manion’s Transport was started in the 1950's by Brendan and Thelma Manion operating truck services for the area as well as the lime works at Flowery Gully. In 1960 Brendan and Thelma successfully tendered for school bus services from Beauty Point to Launceston which consisted of two school buses purchased from Metropolitan Transport Trust. In 1961 they purchased Tamar Services route service for all passengers which they ran until 1978, when pending retirement they sold this part of the business. In 2001, with Bernard and Anthony at the helm they repurchased the route services to go with the vast arayof school bus services they had purchased in the Tamar Valley after Anthony (1976) and Bernard (1982) joined the business.
They purchased their first new large coach in 2007 and have since purchased 7 new low floor and 1 high floor DDA compliant vehicles for the general access services. This has given them the ability to offer a much wider range of services.
Over the 60 years this has grown to a business consisting of a number of vehicles operating on rural school service contracts, urban fringe student only contracts, urban student only contracts, local town services and the West Tamar general access service buses as well as providing coaches for inbound and outbound tours, charter, school excursions and school camps and hire and drive smaller vehicles.
Manion's Coaches also offer an extensive coach service for weddings, wine tours, local clubs, hens and bucks parties indeed for any reason.
Now being run by Bernard & Pam Manion with Anthony retiring in 2015, Brendan Manion Coaches Pty Ltd employ 25 Casual and 11 Full Time staff members and are dedicated members of the Tasmanian Bus Association of which Bernard is a life member.
The aim of the business is to provide safe, afforable, and effective transport for West Tamar and Tasmanian communities as well as anyone wanting to visit this Island state.